Thursday, August 29

An Opening of the Heart

Carry me to Your table Dad. 
Seat me where I don't belong. Heal my heart, clean me. 
I don't want to see my brokenness. 
Carry me to Your table.
A son, will always be a son.
No good a father would despise a son who returns hungry and cold. 

Call my name in my weakness. 
I can still call You Father, but I can barely mumble the words. 
Call me back. 
Take me back. 

I've lived in silence for so long.
Too long. 
My heart's numb, it's taken too many blows. 

I'm afraid, I'm misfit. 
It's hard for me to return.
My place was taken, there's just a vague remembrance of who I was
I can't be the same person I was before,
I can't fool myself into believing I can be the same. 

I need new. 
A new heart.
A new beginning.
A new place.
New people. 

I need You. 


No comments: